September 2, 2010

Last Day of Work…a Sad but Exciting Day

Last Friday was my last day of my professional career.  It was a bittersweet day…I was sad to say good-bye to my friends that I have spent every work day with for the past 5 years but I’m also so excited about my next full time job as a wife and mother.  I had a really great work experience and had the chance for 4 1/2 out of the 5 years to work with the same group of wonderful women.  We really became great friends and I will  miss seeing them every day.  Here is a picture of my group on my last day:

Last Day at Monroe Vos 004 Karen, Christy, Cheri & Me

The whole company surprised me with a baby shower/going away party on Friday afternoon and also gave us a VERY generous gift card that will be SOOOO helpful! It was a really weird feeling walking out on Friday and knowing that I wouldn’t be going back.  I think it will take a while for it to set in.  I’m sure once the baby gets here I won’t even have time to think about it but right now while I’m waiting for him to arrive it just feels like I’m on vacation or something!  I truly will miss seeing everyone on a daily basis but do plan to go back from time to time to visit! 

Now I’m just waiting on my next job to start…I can’t wait to be a full time mommy! :)      

0 comments:

Post a Comment