Since I made it to my due date with no baby my doctor wanted to do an ultrasound just to make sure the baby was still doing well. They checked my fluid levels, the umbilical cord, measured the baby and checked my placenta and everything still looks great! The baby is measuring 8lbs 4oz…BIG BOY!!!! The ultrasound tech said that measuring the baby at this point can be pretty inaccurate (could be off by a pound either way) since he’s so squished in there. It took her a minute to get a measurement of his head because he is so far down. It was kind of hard to even get a good look at him but we did manage to get a few cute profile shots (ignore the blurred parts…it’s just him moving):
He seems to have stayed in the same position since my ultrasound at 34 weeks. He is head down facing my right with his spine and butt along my left side and his feet curled up on my right side. He also likes to keep one his hands in front of his face…he probably doesn’t have anywhere else to put it! It looks like he has some chubby cheeks!!! I can’t believe we’ll actually get to kiss those little cheeks in just a few short days! David and I are both waiting not-so-patiently on him to show up…every time I call David during the day he asks “Are you in labor?” or “Is everything ok?”. I wish I could tell him “YES! Hurry home!”, but unfortunately that hasn’t happened…yet! I’m thinking this weekend would be a GREAT time for James to make his entrance into the world…but until then we’ll just keep waiting…only God knows when he’ll show up so we’ll just trust that his timing is perfect!
We have an appointment with our doctor tomorrow morning for another check…I will update again after that!

1 comments:
SO CUTE!! Soon enough he will be here. Can't wait to see the cheeks in person!
Post a Comment