September 6, 2012

William Reed Hollon

Now that Will is almost 4 months old (oh my goodness!) I better document his birth.  William Reed Hollon was born on May 15th at 5:12 in the evening weighing 7lb 3oz and 19.75in long.  He was absolutely perfect!  My labor was really fast and easy.  I decided to be induced since I was already dilated to a 4 and it was just easier to plan so that I knew James would be taken care of.  We arrived at the hospital around 11:30 in the morning and they started the Pitocin around 12:30.  I got my epidural by 2 and after that it was time to nap and wait for baby Will!  At first my progression was slow but by the end it sped up very quickly.  Our good friend Trevor came to visit around 4:45ish and the nurse kept asking if I felt pressure with each contraction (she was monitoring very closely) and I said I did.  After a few minutes of visiting with Trevor she said that she needed to check me because she thought I was probably at a 10 and ready to push.  Trevor left the room and before she even checked me she said “You are definitely ready, I see his head!”.  She rushed to get the doctor in the room and after 1 1/2 pushes William made his entrance into the world!  We were so thankful for a quick and healthy delivery.

Here are a few pictures from the first few days with Will:

Last picture of our family of 3 the night before we went to the hospital (yes, David and James are both in their pj’s!)

Hollon 5-14-12 (2)

And our first picture of our family of 4!

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (9)

Discovering his new brother

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (15)

He is in love :)

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (30)

Sweet baby

Will Hollon 5-16-12 (8)

 

Will Hollon 5-16-12 (23)

Nanie with her youngest grandson

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (17)

Papa and Will

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (19)

First bath

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (47)

James watching his brother get his first bath…he was so interested!

Will's Birth 5-15-12 (56)

 

David and I feel so blessed by another sweet baby boy.  I still can’t believe I’m a mom to 2!

0 comments:

Post a Comment