The first month with Will was a dream…so different then our first month with James! I don’t want to compare the two all the time but it’s kind of hard when I feel like I just went through the newborn stages with James so it’s all pretty fresh on my mind :). Will was basically a typical newborn, alternating between eating and sleeping! After many months of praying that Will would be more calm then James was we were so thankful that the Lord had answered our prayers!
Eating: He is exclusively breastfeeding and seems to be doing well. I am waking him every 3 hours during the day to eat and letting him go as long as he will at night.
Sleeping: He will give me 4-5 hour stretches at night (waking twice) and very easily goes back to sleep after each feed. He naps very well and I have to wake him from each nap during the day (such a difference from James!).
Clothes/Diaper Size: He is wearing newborn and 0-3 month clothes. We just finished our only package of newborn diapers and he is now wearing size 1.
Likes: sleeping, eating, the swing (yay!)
Dislikes: diaper changes in the middle of the night (the only time he cries when getting a diaper change – he is hungry!), laying flat on his back (he sleeps in his little lamb seat just like James did – possible reflux issues???)
Here is Will on the left and James on the right…they definitely look very similar although James looks a lot chunkier! He was a pound and a half heavier at birth so that makes a huge difference.
Month 1 with William was great. There were some overwhelming moments but for the most part is was a relatively smooth transition for us. We were lucky to have lots of family visiting/helping us that first month and my wonderful playgroup friends brought dinners to us!

1 comments:
Love your new posts!
Post a Comment