October 20, 2010

Welcome to the world baby James!!!

For this child I prayed and the Lord answered my prayer”.  1 Samuel 1:27

James Leslie Hollon was born on September 21st at 6:09pm weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches long.  David and I fell instantly in love with him!  Here are a few pictures from his first couple days of life…

IMG_4183IMG_4196

IMG_0032IMG_0365IMG_0405    IMG_0401   IMG_0516 IMG_0547 IMG_0569 edit IMG_0620 edit   IMG_4248

Labor and delivery went really smooth.  I went in Monday evening (the 20th) and they started the meds sometime between 5-6am Tuesday morning.  I started feeling the contractions shortly thereafter.  My doctor came in between 8-9 and broke my water and after that the contractions started getting a lot worse.  Also, the pitocin (medication they used to induce my labor) was making my contractions VERY close together…I had no brake!  At that point I decided to get the epidural and was so glad I did!!!  I was able to rest and enjoy the day rather then be in pain.  At around 2 in the afternoon the nurse checked me again and I was already at an 8!  Although, James was still facing sideways and not down like he should be which was not allowing him to drop.  My doctor tried to manually turn his head but he kept jerking it back.  They decided to give me some time and position me so that I was almost lying completely on my stomach so that it might cause him to turn his head.  When she came back a little while later I had progressed to a 10 but he wasn’t completely face down yet.  She decided to let me try to push at that point.  She ended up holding his head in place as I began to push and he ended up keeping his head face down and dropping.  I pushed for an hour and he was out!  David was right by my side the whole time and counting for me and encouraging me…he was GREAT!!!  It was the most amazing feeling when they laid James on my chest…I couldn’t believe he was finally here!  Words cannot describe how David and I felt at that moment…we were both emotional and filled with so much love for our son and for each other.

I hope to be better at updating the blog now that I’ve some what adjusted to life with a baby.  He definitely keeps me VERY busy so it’s hard to find time to do anything else.  Life is very different now for David and I but we are loving every second.  We are so thankful for this gift that God has given us!

2 comments:

The Stallings said...

Congratulations Melissa! He is so cute and I'm glad his birthday went well. :)

Renee Westcott said...

Wonderful pictures! Thanks for letting me hold him.

Post a Comment