Oh my, I can hardly believe that my precious little boy is 2 years old! These past 2 years have flown by so fast.
Newborn, 6 months, 1 year, 18 months and 2 years
We just had his 2 year check up and he is as healthy as can be! Here are his 2 year stats:
Weight: 26lbs 8oz (46%)
Height: 34.25in (39%)
Head Circumference: 19.75 (92%)
He can say almost anything. He has so many words there’s no way I could count them. He is now putting 2-3 word sentences together too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to communicate with him.
He knows all of his letters and can count to 10 (I’ve even heard him go up to 14 but I don’t think he can recognize numbers over 10). He also knows the major shapes - circle, square, diamond, oval, triangle. We’re still working on his colors although he seems to recognize blue and red. He knows all of the major animals and the sounds they make.
He has recently become obsessed with Superman which of course is the cutest thing ever. It’s one of his favorite thing to do/watch with his Daddy. David brought home a Superman costume for him to wear and now he likes his Daddy to fly him around the house in his costume. It is adorable.
He loves to “build”. He recently got these cardboard blocks for his birthday and loves to build tall towers and then knock them over as quickly as he built them. I think knocking them over might be more fun then the building part :)
He still loves books! I now will find him in his room or playroom with books pretending to read. It has to be one of the cutest things ever.
He is still really into music and songs. He knows several songs with hand motion and I’ll hear him singing them in the bath or car. We can’t always understand all the words but we can tell which song he’s singing. A few of his favorites are “If you’re happy and you know it”, “Itsy Bitsy Spider” and “Old McDonald”. His dance moves are pretty awesome too :)
He loves puzzles. He could sit there forever doing puzzle after puzzle. He really is pretty good at them.
He still loves Elmo (which was the theme of his party!). He also enjoys watching Boz, Barney, Sid the Science Kid, Super Why and recently Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood.
He loves playing on my IPad. I’ve downloaded so many apps for him (mostly puzzles) and he plays for as long as I let him.
He’s still pretty picky about his food but I think he’s getting better. He’s more willing to try new things – not always liking them, but I’m just glad he’s trying them.
He loves playing outside. We go to our neighborhood park, he loves kicking his soccer ball with his Dad and of course swimming in our pool. He could spend hours outside if we let him.
He recently got his 1st “2 year old” molar so he has a total of 17 teeth. All of his teeth have been pretty rough on him so I can’t wait until they all come in!
He is still an inconsistent napper – his naps can range from 1 hour 20 min to 3 hours. I never know what I’m going to get. He usually wakes up pretty cranky no matter how long he sleeps. Not sure why but I guess that’s the way he is. Sometimes I think it’s because of teething but who knows. He sleeps great at night – goes down around 7:30-8 and is up any where between 7-8am.
He is doing great at Mother’s Day Out. He goes to 2 days/week again this year (Tuesday/Thursday) and adjusted very quickly to his new teachers and new room. They are so sweet and loving. He even takes great naps on his nap mat! He is at the age where he’s really making friends too which is cute to hear him talk about who he enjoys playing with. His favorite friends at school are Cole, Lillian, Brooks, Eli and Adeline.
The biggest event in his life this past year was becoming a big brother. I want to write a whole post about this but he has truly adjusted so quickly to having Will in our family. He couldn’t be more in love with him.
I could go on and on about things I want to remember about him at the age of 2. His little personality and become a big personality. He is such a sweet and loving little boy, always wanting to give kisses and “big hugs”. He loves sitting in your lap and snuggling while watching a show. He will all the sudden just look at me and say “mommy” and give me a big hug. It melts my heart. He is so sweet to his friends. He sometimes needs gentle reminders to share but other then that he plays very well with his friends. He is not an aggressive little boy at all, but just like any typical boy he is active and enjoys jumping, running and climbing anything and everything. We are so blessed by his precious life and are so thankful that the Lord has given him to us to love and take care of. He truly is a gift to everyone around him.
Happy 2nd birthday James! We love you so much!

0 comments:
Post a Comment