James just had his 15 month check up and he is doing great! Here were his stats:
Height: 31.5 in (57%)
Weight: 21lbs 7.2oz (27%)
Head Circumference: 19.25in (95%)
He is so much fun at this age! I think I say this at every age (except for maybe when he was a little baby :)) but I really mean it this time! It is so amazing how much he has changed just since his first birthday. Here are a few things that he is doing/liking at 15 months:
- He not only walks, but runs as fast as he can! Sometimes still tripping over himself when he goes too fast, but he has become a proficient walker.
- Can say Mama, Dada, more, ball, that, this, ice and can sign all done, please, more, thank you, eat. He “talks” constantly so I know it won’t be long before he says more words! It is so fun to actually be able to start communicating with him.
- Loves his school (mothers day out) he goes to on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. He is especially attached to one of his teachers (Miss Rosa). All of his teachers are SO sweet and really, truly love the kids. Going to “school” has been so good for him. I am so thankful that he loves it and is doing so well there.
- He is still a very picky eater, but has become a better eater over all. Some of his favorite foods are: turkey, yogurt, pancakes, cheerios, frosted mini wheat's, mac & cheese, PB&J, goldfish, pretzels, animal crackers, mum mum crackers (yes, I know these are mainly for infants, but he still loves them!). One of his favorite things in the whole world is ice! He is obsessed with it! At David’s office they have a really good ice machine and every time we go visit he runs straight for it and begs for ice! It is so funny!
- He LOVES reading books! He will even sit there and open up his books by himself and look through them. I read to him before naptime & bedtime and sometimes throughout the day when he sees a book and wants to read. Sometimes it’s the only time I can get him to sit still and sit on my lap!
- He LOVES Sid the Science Kid. It is a PBS show that is all about science. It has cute catchy songs that draws his attention more then the science part.
- He enjoys playing outside. He got a wagon and a riding car for his birthday and he is obsessed with them. Anytime you mention going outside or going bye bye he immediately gets really excited and runs to the door as fast as he can.
- He has 3 out of 4 of his molars. I’m thinking the last one should come in any day now. His molars have caused him the worst pain and take FOREVER to come in!
- He is still sleeping great at night. Usually down by 7-7:30 and up by 7-7:30. The only time his sleep has been disrupted was when he was getting his molars.
- He is down to 1 nap/day. He will sleep anywhere from 1.5 hours – 3 hours. He is still pretty inconsistent with the length of his nap. He will sometimes wake up 1.5 hours in and I’ll let him cry for a few minutes and then he’ll go back to sleep. Maybe someday he’ll be a consistent napper, but I’m not counting on it :). At least it’s longer then 30 minutes now!!!
- He has become very cuddly and affectionate. He loves giving kisses and hugs. The cutest is when he does it spontaneously. He’ll grab my face with both hands and plant a big kiss right on the lips. He blows kisses as well which is pretty cute :).
- He really understands almost everything we say. We can give him simple directions, such as “Go get your shoes” or “Where is your jacket?” and he’ll go get his shoes or look around for his jacket.
- He knows all of his main body parts – eyes, nose, mouth, ears, head, toes (he knows them as “piggies”), feet, hands, fingers, tummy, etc.
- He is infatuated/mildly obsessed with inanimate objects. His Grammy has decorative statues of a dog and angels around her house and James was scared/very interested in them. He eventually warmed up to them and would touch them but it took him a while every time he saw them he would point and get nervous. It is just one of the quirky things about him :)
- He knows where his baby brother is! Of course I taught him by lifting my shirt so now every time I ask him he just tries to lift my shirt and pats my belly. Although, sometimes he’ll lift his own shirt so I guess he just thinks of baby brother in anyone's belly :).
I’m sure there are lots more things about him at this age but I can’t think of anything else at the moment. James is such a huge blessing to our family and continues to amaze us everyday!
And just because I don’t like doing posts without pictures, here are just a few from the last couple months.

1 comments:
He is so cute and you look beautiful!!! LOL at the ice. Grace was the SAME way. It was nice though bc going out to eat was MUCH easier with a bowl of ice for her. Now she doesn't want anything to do with it. Funny how things change for the little ones!!
Post a Comment