I have been a terrible blogger! Here is what we’ve been up to the past few months:
· James turned 1! We had a fun party with family and a few close friends at the Brock’s lake house on Lake Conroe. It was the perfect celebration for our sweet baby boy.
· James started mother’s day out at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church. It was a tough transition for him but he is doing so great! He is especially attached to one of his teachers and I am so thankful that he is doing so well. It has been so good for him and for me!
· We celebrated Labor Day weekend with David’s family in Boerne for the annual Hollon Family Reunion. It was fun weekend introducing James to David’s extended family.
· In September, we started Tiny Tots and Tunes which is a mommy & me music class at our church on Friday’s. We did this last winter when James was only 4-5 months old so it was fun to see how much more involved he was now being a little older. I think he was kind of overwhelmed by all the kids and action but by the end he really warmed up to it. We can’t wait to participate again this January.
· In mid October, David and I took our first overnight trip away from James. We went to NYC for a long weekend and had a blast! James LOVED playing with both sets of grandparents and didn’t miss us one bit. We missed him a TON though! I’m so thankful he did so well with his grandparents…David and I are already planning our next trip away!
· The week after we returned from NYC, we closed on the purchase of our new house! We are SOOO excited about our new house. It’s in a great neighborhood here in Houston and will be perfect for our growing family. The current owners didn’t want to move out until January 15th which we thought was perfect since we hadn’t even put our house on the market, but….
· We sold our house in 4 days! It was a huge blessing to sell it so quickly but we have to move out this weekend so we have to put all our stuff in storage and move into a temporary apartment for the next month. It won’t be too bad and I’m sure it will go fast. We’re just ready to move into our permanent house and start to make it feel like home.
· At the beginning of November, we went to Lubbock for the weekend and surprised David’s mom for her 60th birthday. It was a fun weekend and his mom was really happy we were there.
· For Thanksgiving we were in College Station with my family. We even had some extended family there this year so it was fun catching up with them. James had a tough weekend because he was teething but we still had a great time. Luckily there are so many kids around it helped distract James from his teeth.
· And the biggest news around our house is that we are expecting another baby! We found out just before James turned 1 and I have to admit I was a little overwhelmed with the idea of 2 under 2 at first. It will be very busy around our house! I am almost 17 weeks now and due May 17th. We just found out last week that we are having another sweet baby boy! I am so happy that it’s a boy especially for James…hopefully they will be great playmates and best friends! We are VERY excited about this new little boy and can’t wait to meet him in May!
Well, that about sums up the past couple of months. Sorry for no pictures – no time right now! Now you know why blogging has taken the back seat…we have been BUSY! It won’t slow down any time soon but I hope to be better at keeping up this blog.

1 comments:
Congratulations on baby #2!! That is so exciting and what fun 2 boys will be!! Can't wait :-)
Post a Comment