My baby boy turned one month old yesterday! I can’t believe how fast this month has flown by. He has already changed SO much in his first month of life. He has become more alert and he has even given us a few small smiles! It’s not the big smiles yet but you can definitely see him reacting to us when we smile and talk to him. He also is a very good sleeper at night! He goes to bed usually between 10-11am and sleeps until 4 and then again until 7 or so. A couple nights ago he even slept from 10:30pm until 5:30am and then went back to sleep until 8am! So proud of him! He’s only done that one night but I don’t think it’ll be long before he starts sleeping through the night. I can’t wait for it to be an every night occurrence.
Every month I will be taking a picture of him on his “monthly birthday” to track his growth. Here is a picture I took of him in the hospital when he was hours old and the others are from his one month birthday.
This past month has been one of the most challenging and also one of the most joyous months of my life. I LOVE being a mommy but I’m not going to lie…it can be HARD!!! James is such a sweet little boy but he definitely loves to exercise his lungs! I have recently talked to his pediatrician and she thinks he might be having some reflux so we’re trying some medication to see if that helps. She also recommended he take probiotics daily to see if that might help his fussiness/colic. We just started these medications on Thursday and we’ve already seen some GREAT improvements! He was almost like a completely different baby today…so much calmer and happier! We’re not sure if it was just a fluke or not so we’ll see how he does this weekend…we are praying this medication was all he needed!
David and I still look at James every day and are in awe of this beautiful gift that God has given us. We feel so blessed!

2 comments:
We missed you last night at the party. David told me about the reflux...I'm SOOOO sorry. I'm glad you got some meds to try to control things early. He's adorable!
WOW...one month already!! What a cutie. What a blessing that he's doing so well sleeping! Excited for him and Asher to have play dates!
Post a Comment