We took a bike tour out to Versailles which is a 20 minute train ride outside of Paris. It was quite an experience getting our bikes on/off the train, but with the help of the guide, we made it! Versailles was the royal residence for about 100 years. King Louis XIV, XV & XVI lived there along with Louis XVI’s infamous wife Marie Antoinette. Our first stop once we arrived in Versailles was the market to gather our picnic lunch. We then made our way to the chateau grounds. I am so glad we were on bikes because the grounds are HUGE and we never would have been able to see it all if we were walking. We had beautiful weather on Sunday which made for a great bike ride. Here are a few pictures from our day…
The grounds were beautiful and manicured to perfection. If you look closely you can see the chateau in the distance.
Now you can definitely see the chateau…
We stopped to picnic halfway through. We were so lucky to have such a beautiful day!
David and I :)
This is what we biked through all day…so pretty!
Chateau up close…as you can see it is HUGE!
Front gate of the chateau
The church inside
The gardens looking out the window of the Chateau.
More of the gardens looking out toward the “backyard”. Can you imagine this being your backyard???
Famous hall of mirrors
Kings quarters
Queens quarters
More gardens
Versailles was probably one of our favorite things that we visited while in Paris. I’m sure this was partly due to the fact that this was the prettiest day that we had while in Paris. It was just so hard to imagine that people actually lived here!
Our Paris trip as a whole was amazing! It is a trip that will always be special to us and we will never forget! I want to say a special thank you to David for taking me on such a fabulous babymoon. I will always treasure this time that we got to spend together before our lives change forever! I love you so much!

2 comments:
I've never been but really want to see it. The extravagance is amazing. It is hard to believe people lived there.
Melissa you are an awesome blogger.
Post a Comment